Here are 5 tips to help you get a good night's sleep.
- EXERCISE - Try not to exercise within 2 hours of going to bed. It is proven that during a workout the body can typically get as hot as 40 degrees, causing the body to trigger its sweat mechanism to dissipate the excess heat. For those who work out towards the end of the day, the sweating can persist until well after bedtime.
- NEWS - Unless necessary, avoid checking the news or social media before bed. Not only can this help lower anxiety, the blue light in our gadgets has been proven to inhibit a good night's sleep.
- ROUTINE - A lot of things may have changed. You may be working from home, looking after your little ones whilst they are off school or self isolating. It is important though to keep a form of routine by having regular wake up and bed times as well as meal times.
- RELAX - Before bed, give yourself a chance to relax. Have a bath, have a nice warm drink (no caffeine after 6pm), listen to some music and try some relaxation exercises.
- BED SHEETS - We spend a lot of time and money choosing the most comfortable mattress for us to get a good night's sleep, however the bed sheets you choose can also have a big impact. Poor quality and uncomfortable sheets can effect your quality of sleep. Traditional cotton bedding is all about thread count, however high thread counts can lead to stiffer and hotter fabrics. Cotton bedding is also harder to clean, produces more lint, promotes allergens, retains moisture and causes skin-irritating friction. Cotton sheets also fail to regulate body temperature and retain heat and moisture, causing overheating which can be another big hurdle when trying to get some sleep.
DermaTherapy bedding is expertly woven from advanced fabrics to provide a cleaner, drier and hypoallergenic sleeping experience. It is also the only patented and FDA-cleared bedding available for those who live with menopause, acne, eczema and other various skin conditions that hinder the ability to get a good night’s rest. For the first time, real beauty sleep isn’t just a dream.
DermaTherapy linens have also been used in 14 trials in both hospital units and long-term care facilities.
⭐️Has an antimicrobial shield effective in reducing bacteria on the fabric such as Staph Aureus, E-Coli and MRSA. This keeps the fabric fresh and clean.
⭐️Smooth non-irritating surface which allows heat and moisture to dissipate giving the user a cooler, more comfortable and restful night’s sleep
⭐️Disperses moisture evenly through the fabric so it evaporates quickly and leaves you feeling dry, providing a good night’s sleep, whatever the underlying surface
⭐️Reduces friction with the skin and minimises irritation
⭐️The tight, but breathable weave of the fabric provides dust mite resistance
⭐️One study concluded that 80% of participants had a better night’s sleep, 100% of participants found that it had the ability to keep them cool, over 90% found they had reduced sweating